Services and Rites of Passage
As a respected birthkeeper, I pride myself in providing you and your partner with care, understanding, information and support throughout, during, and after the birthing process. Our initial meeting will help me tailor my services to fit your needs, as every pregnancy is different. To schedule an initial consultation, or to learn more about what I have to offer, please contact me.
Here for You
Get personal support throughout the entirety of your birthing journey. As a birthkeeper, I promise to offer unwavering support to you and your family before, during, and after birth.
*We will have the opportunity to build a connection and bond during our three prenatal visits together. We will discuss comfort measures, birth preparation, and answer questions you have along the way. Ideally, we would have a visit prior to 28 weeks, again between 30 – 32 weeks, and again between 36 – 38 weeks gestation. If desired, I am happy to accompany you to one of your prenatal visits with your care provider.
*Throughout your pregnancy and in early postpartum, I am available for phone and e-mail support and guidance.
* Access to my lending library of books and videos, plus access to my files and resources on nutrition, birth, pregnancy, breastfeeding, postpartum, newborn care, and also my expert knowledge as an herbalist. All clients will receive 15% off my herbal products and other services.
* Support and guidance for partners to encourage their participation, if desired. Nurturing you both as you embark on this journey to birth baby together.
* We will discuss your pregnancy, birthing and postpartum options and create a written birth plan that meets your spiritual, emotional, and physical needs. I ensure that the preferences of your birth plan are carried out by providing respectful advocacy to uphold the decisions you feel are best for your family.
* Beginning at 37 weeks, I am on call for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week when you decide you are in labor and decide you need my support. I come to you early in your labor(once you feel you need my support) and stay with you for 1 – 2 hours after your birth.
*If you desire is for a non-medicated birth, then I provide the comfort measures we discuss and agree to in advance such as position changes, pressure points, rebozo usage, massage, affirmations, crystals(if desired), prayer, hydrotherapy, frequency healing, aromatherapy, gentle, nourishing herbal infusions, encouragement, counter pressure, hip squeezes, and more.
*I stay 1-2 hours after birth to help as certified lactation counselor to establish breastfeeding and get you settled in.
*I come for for one Mother Roasting Postnatal visit for light cleaning, a "warming" soup, birth processing, foot bath, answer questions on postpartum and newborn care and additional breastfeeding assistance.
* Resources, info, and referrals, available for a variety of local services and professionals, if desired
Mother Roasting Postpartum Support
Nurturing the Mother
I believe in the ancient art of mother roasting-warming and pampering the mother so she can recuperate and bond with baby. I will do light cleaning, assist with breastfeeding, answer questions, birth processing, and bring a warming, healing soup for the mother while she enjoys an herbal foot bath and gentle food rub, if desired.
Informative and Compassionate
As a certified lactation counselor, I help with latch, positioning, and answer any questions or address any issues you may have so that you can meet your breastfeeding goals. What does a breastfeeding consultation look like?
*I take off my shoes before entering your home for the appointment. Do not clean for me or apologize for the mess. As a mother of 4, I assure you I don't even notice. Please show me into whichever room you are most comfortable. I'll ask you to sign my consent form to give me permission to carry out the consultation.
*Next, I'll ask to wash my hands. Bathroom or kitchen is fine. Please don't worry if there are dishes in the sink.
* I'll fill out my form with your details and take a full history. This is when to tell me why you need my support, what concerns you have, anything in your health or birth that may be relevant, anything health professionals have suggested, weight gain etc. I'll use this to get a better picture of what is going on.
* I'll ask to see the baby nurse. This is actually the most important part of the consultation. It can be a good idea to try to feed baby an hour or two before the consultation time so they will be able to persuaded to feed. Of course, babies run the show so I just go with the flow and move the appointment along accordingly based on what baby needs. You can choose any position in which you are comfortable. I may suggest some other positions you can try. You can also ask to try some different positions! *I watch baby latch, I'll give you some tips on how to make the latch better if we need to, I'll talk to you about what to look for, how to tell baby is feeding well, newborn baby behavior, what to expect in the next few weeks, how to move towards exclusive breastfeeding if you are supplementing, how to incorporate different feeding tools you may need. * I will discuss referral to other services, if necessary .
Some mothers choose to do a prenatal appointment before baby is born to discuss concerns if this is her first baby or if she had difficulty breastfeeding other children.
Mother Sealing Ceremony
Sacred Postpartum Ritual
The process of pregnancy and birth opens our hips and wombs to allow our baby to come earthside. When that journey concludes we may be left feeling vulnerable or open not only physically, but also emotionally and physically. A Mother Sealing Ceremony signifies the end of the pregnancy and follows the ancient wisom of introducing "warmth" back into the mother's body. The service starts with a yoni steam while the mother sips a specially prepared herbal tea. After the steam, the mother will be immersed in a warm herbal bath(a foot bath may be substituted if mother prefers) The warm bath symbolising the environment of the womb. After the bath, the mother will be massaged with warm oil and then will be "closed" from her feet to her crown with woven scarves-signifying the end of her birth journey.
Birth Reclaiming Ceremony
Gentle, empowered healing
Birth Reclaiming Ceremony can be a fresh start and new memory supporting your healing journey. Mothers typically request a birth reclaiming ceremony after experiences a birth that was not her original plan – whether it be an emergency cesarean, a vaginal birth with lots of intervention, or even a natural birth that just wasn’t like the mother expected it was going to be. It gives her a safe place to process her feelings and emotionally heal. The process starts making a calming tea for the mother as we begin with a reframing of the birth story as I hold space for the mother and simply listen while she processes her experience. From there, we seek to recreate how she envisioned meeting her baby If mother wants a water environment, an herbal bath is prepared for the mother as relaxing music is played and candles set the mood. Specific healing stones can be incorporated. The ceremony concludes with baby being brought to mother for skin to skin.
Celebrating You & Your Journey
Many conscious mothers are now opting out of traditional baby showers to instead have a more meaningful, sacred experience with a Mother Blessing. Commonly held around weeks 34-36 of pregnancy, a Mother Blessing is a time for friends and loved ones to honor and bless the mother and her unborn child as she prepares for the birth and motherhood. Surrounded by the important women in her life, the mother can feel supported and empowered as she explores the challenges and joys that lie before her as childbirth and motherhood draws near.
you feel supported, confident and empowered during and after the birth of your baby. I can work with the mother to tailor the blessing to her preferences. Typically, each attendee will bring a bead chosen for the mother which will be used to make a prayer or affirmation bracelet the mother will wear the durarion of her pregnancy. We will speak blessing and encouragement over the mother as well as tell our own birth stories in a positive and enlightening way. We may also decorate index cards with affirmations and/or prayers for the mother to hang in her birthing space.
Bengkung Belly Binding
Postpartum belly binding has many benefits in supporting the new mother's recovery. Each binding session will include a warming paste, belly panel, and white cotton wrap with instructions to the mother and partner. Dyed wraps may be used for an additional charge. Wrapping done before 3 weeks has the best results. Cesarean mothers should wait 4-6 weeks, or until their incision has healed and they are cleared by their care provider.
Support and Resources
Sometimes the help you desire isn't in your immediate area. I provide virtual birthkeeper services for a prepaid rate if you have questions, need help with a birth plan, or need reassurance, or want me to support and attend your birth via video call. I am available for consultation via phone, email, or video chat.
Sacred Fertility Session
A holistic approach that focuses on the spiritual and emotional needs of sacred conception as well as the physical. Each session can be customized by typically we incorporate, frequency healing, herbs-herbal tea and yoni steaming, healing crystals, moxasticks, and acupressure to promote hormone balance, reduce stress, increase warmth to the womb. Some women love the ritual of the sessions and book as a special start as they plan to add to their family.
If you are trying to conceive, I recommend this session right after bleeding and before ovulation. If you don’t have a period, the date of a full moon is recommended. All sessions are conducted in the privacy of your home, and I provide all the materials needed.